Since our Open Day on 27 March 2021, we have had a fantastic response from our partners, friends and community organisations to support the needed upgrades to our first rescue home in Magaliesburg.
Our “wish lists” were displayed on the walls wherever a need was and much of that has been taken care of with only a few outstanding matters. We’re confident that this will be taken care of by members of the community and friends of Hopelands.
To date we have received the following support and donations:
• Paint: 400 litres of Plascon paint donated – by Jan Kruger
• Rhinolite of interior walls: Material and labour sponsored – by Gary Combrink (Labour: Albert & Justice)
• Carpentry: Altering of kitchen cupboards and office cupboards: Labour sponsored – by Gary Combrink (Labour: Michael & Kyle)
• Painting: Inside walls after rhinolite: Bonding paint and labour supplied – by Gary Combrink (Labour: Albert, Justice, Michael and Kyle)
• Removing all old floor tiles in the house: – Gary Combrink sponsored the labour (Labour: Albert, Justice, Michael and Kyle)
• Tiles: 150 sq/m of tiles, tile adhesive and grouting donated by unknown donours. (They don’t want us to know who they are. This is the type of generosity we have experienced. Gary arranged it)
• Tiling new tiles: Labour sponsored – by Gary Combrink (Tilers: Raymond & Clement)
• Afriforum Krugersdorp: Organising Electrician to do some electrical work and painters to paint the whole house and outbuildings inside, outside and roof.
• Sign and pamphlet – by Jaco Malan from iPak.
• Water tank: New 2000 litre water tank supplied and installed – by Vincent Sequeira
• Drawing new house plans – Dumisani Bosoga from Noksa 23
• Donations from Mike and Miranda Jesseman as well as Gerhard and Bernice le Roux.
We’re so delighted with the support we received, and we take pleasure in sharing this with you.